Thursday, December 07, 2006

Words of Comfort!

We had Oma's funeral yesterday and the Pastor spoke on Psalm 73. What words of comfort in this chapter especially for those who belong to Christ!

Psalm 73:23-28 says, "Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon the earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish; You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry. But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all Your works."

Another verse came to my mind, Revelation 21:4, "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
In this life we have pain and sorrow, but one day, that special day when Jesus returns, we will have no pain or suffering and sorrow. And we have one person to thank, Jesus Christ our Lord, who took all these things upon Himself, for us. Thanks be to Jesus!

Thanks to all who sent their condolences. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers. It means so much to us!

No comments: