Just some random pictures of what has been happening here at our home. I am thinking that maybe I should just do a once a month post...due to the lack of posting. Sometimes life just seems busy and overwhelming and doing a blog post just isn't as important. But I have some time this afternoon and thought I would post something.
Ethan is done potty training. Overall it didn't take long, it was just getting him started that took long. Once he got the idea/it clicked in his head, we had no problems. We did a sticker chart on the calendar and on Seth's birthday, he got his big treat for completing the potty training. We are very proud of him!

And Iron man backpack
and a Super Mario shirtShe is still very happy and content baby! And still sleeping through the night. She loves to "sing" to music. If we play music, she usually "sings" along. It is very cute. :)
Photos below are taken by Auntie Sue
They love their shirts!
One of my kids (who will remain anonymous) mentioned to me this morning:
"Mom, you still have a big belly, but I love you anyways". I had to laugh! :) I explained that I had a big baby, and my belly was rather large during the pregnancy. I failed to mention the fact that enjoy food and that is seems to be harder to lose the unwanted weight now that I am in my 30's. Gives me more of the incentive to lose weight. Good thing for the weight loss challenge I plan to join soon!
Sometimes life as a mom, and with a new baby seems to be overwhelming. The daily duties of cleaning the home, doing the laundry, making meals for the family and raising a young family can be very busy. I am trying to learn not to be so scheduled and to realize too, that not everything needs to get done when I think it does. I am very thankful for a new year. It seems somewhat refreshing to start the year with new ideas, and new thoughts.
Here are a couple quotes I find encouraging during the stressful times. One is by our Pastor, whose preaching has been very encouraging to me! and the other from a book I am reading. I just wanted to share:
~God uses the dark discouragements we face to prepare us for special manifestations of his grace. If there were no winter in the soul, the spring times of graces, would not be so vivid or precious to us.
~God allows us to suffer so that we will love Him more fully and appreciate more fully the sacrifices Jesus Christ made on our behalf.
So wonderful and encouraging what God has done and is doing for us (for me)!
2 comments:
Haha- better luck next time with pics of Chloe. She kept moving and putting her fingers in her mouth. Oh well.
Hi Paul and Jennifer! Its nice to see what you are up to and how your kids are growing up. It looks like Seth would fit right into our family. Star Wars Lego, Mario... :) Paul would have laughed seeing me on Saturday. I was playing Super Mario on the wii with the kids and as I jumped on the screen, I kicked one of my kids in real life. I never could keep still playing Nintendo! :)
Post a Comment