Friday, March 09, 2007

just when we thought he was getting better . . .

. . . we found out yesterday that Seth has an ear infection. He seemed like he was doing better on Wednesday afternoon and evening. But yesterday, he was crying most of the day, complaining about a sore ear. He wouldn't go and play and wanted to be held most of the time. Which is not typical of him. So I took him to the clinic and was given a prescription. He has a 5 day dose of this medicine and then I have to take him next Thursday to the doctor to see if it is gone. Poor little guy! I hope that he is better soon. It's not nice when your children are sick and you can't take away the pain.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh, ear infections are nasty. Give Seth a hug for Auntie Lisa, OK? I hope that he feels better very quickly now that you have some meds for him. A warm cloth over his ear might help the pain, too.

Sylvia said...

Poor guy! Ear infections have got to suck! At least he's old enough to tell you his ear hurt....try some tylenol for the pain. It seems to be helping Jared and it helped Cailyn when she had one.

Anonymous said...

My poor little monkey:( Hopefully all the medication will help him get over the infection quickly. Tell him auntie Dani loves him and I'm sending him a big hug and kiss:)
Dani

Mark, Linda, Alex, Carsten & Savannah said...

Wow - so many people sick lately. Hope Seth feels some relief really soon.

Sue D. said...

Awww that's so sad! Poor guy. I hope he feels better real soon. See ya tonight.